What is the advantage of bamboo cutting boards in the kitchen?
Bamboo cutting boards have several advantages compared to traditional wooden or plastic cutting boards.
1. Sustainability: This is because bamboo is a rapidly renewable raw material. A bamboo cutting board is therefore the more environmentally friendly choice. You can find out more about bamboo here.
2. Durability: Bamboo is known for its strength and durability, meaning bamboo cutting boards are less prone to scratches and nicks. The BPlanet cutting boards are also solid and robust.
3. Antibacterial Properties: Bamboo has natural antibacterial properties that help prevent the spread of bacteria on the surface.
4. Easy Care: Bamboo cutting boards are easy to clean and require less maintenance than traditional wooden boards.
5. Aesthetics: With their smooth surface and natural grain, bamboo cutting boards are not only functional but also aesthetically pleasing. The stylish lettering and logo complete the design.
Tips for Caring for Bamboo Cutting Boards:
1. Do not put in the dishwasher: To ensure the longevity of the board, it should be hand washed. This is child's play.
2. Oil regularly: Rub with a food-safe mineral oil once a month to condition and protect the board.
3. Allow to dry: After washing, allow the board to dry standing up to avoid water accumulation.
Here is an example of what can be conjured up with the cutting board.
Quinoa and vegetable salad (vegan)
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs (e.g. parsley, mint)
1. Rinse the quinoa in a sieve under running water.
2. Bring water to a boil in a pot, add quinoa and simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Drain the quinoa and let it cool.
4. Prepare the vegetables. Dice or halve the vegetables on the cutting board and place in a large bowl.
5. Add quinoa, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and mix well.
6. Chop the herbs on the cutting board and mix in.
7. Let sit in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving.
This is just one of many delicious and healthy recipes that can be easily prepared with the bamboo cutting boards.
Now convince yourself: